8 Christmas Tree Fun Fact
If you are in the market for real Christmas trees, here are some fun facts that you can use as trivia during your Christmas dinner.
1. The first use of the term "Christmas tree" in English was in 1835
2. The trees were originally decorated with apples, nuts, and other food. In the 18th century, it was illuminated with candles then replaced with Christmas lights. Today there is a wide variety of ornaments including garland, tinsel, and candy canes.
3. The first decorated Christmas tree was in Riga, Latvia in 1520
4. 24.5 million farm-grown Christmas trees were purchased in the United States in 2012.
5. 93% of real Christmas tree consumers recycle their trees in the United States.
6. Real trees are a renewable, recyclable resource while artificial trees usually contain non-biodegradable plastic.
7. Farm grown Christmas trees take as many as 15 years to grow to a typical height of 6 to 7 feet or as little as 4 years, but the average growing time is 7 years.
8. Every year since 1947, the people of Oslo, Norway have given a Christmas tree to the city of Westminster, England. The gift is an expression of goodwill and gratitude for Britain’s help to Norway during World War II.
Ready to purchase your live Christmas tree and decorate it with your theme of the year? Floristika's yearly supply of Christmas trees is usually of limited quantities, so purchase them early to not be disappointed. If you are worried about the disposal after the use of the trees, we also have that covered - so just speak to us and we will provide you with the pick-up option.